6-Days of Rotterdam Night 1: Keisse and Terpstra in 2nd
Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team riders Iljo Keisse and Niki Terpstra sit in good position after night 1 of 6-Days of Rotterdam. They are in 2nd place, trailing by 11 points.
Terpstra and Keisse won the first event of the night, but Terpstra had multiple mechanical problems during the Madison. There was also plenty of nervous racing, with several crashes involving other riders.
Overall Ranking Night 1
1. Wim Stroetinga/Peter Schep (NED/NED) 60 points
2. Iljo Keisse/Niki Terpstra (BEL/NED) 49 points
3. Yoeri Havik/Nick Stopler (NED/NED) 45 points
4. Gijs Van Hoecke/Kenny De Ketele (BEL/BEL) 16 points
5. Raymond Kreder/Michel Kreder (NED/NED) 33 ponts (+1 lap)