Six Days of Rotterdam Day 2: Terpstra and Keisse Now 2nd Despite Big Effort To Retain Lead
Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team riders Niki Terpstra and Iljo Keisse — who went into the final Madison event leading by just two points — nearly kept their overall lead after successfully making the doublette.
However, Kenny De Ketele and Jasper De Buyst won the Madison and lead the general classification after the second day. Keisse and Terpstra are still just a step away from the top of the podium, also thanks to an outstanding first derny race victory of Terpstra with a 63km/h sprint.
Six Days of Rotterdam Night 2
1. Kenny De Ketele, Jasper De Buyst - 151 points
2. Niki Terpstra, Iljo Keisse - 143 points (+1 lap)
3. Michael Morkov, Alex Rasmussen -112 points (+1 lap)
4. Jens Mouris, Wim Stroetinga - 68 points (+1 lap)
5. Barry Markus, Leif Lampater - 73 points (+1 lap)